At the Silicon Valley Business Center, you’re not just a tenant in a building: you’re a member of a vital, thriving, growing business community that extends far beyond the walls of 1900 Camden Avenue.
One of the benefits of being a SVBC Member is your opportunity to network with business owners and other members of our community – including at the many special events we hold throughout the months and years, including breakfasts, evening mixers, seminars, open houses and more.
If you’re like most people, you might find it a little awkward to start a conversation with someone new. So we’d like to offer a few questions that might get things started.
Don’t know how to start a conversation?
Remember: most of the people you meet at Silicon Valley Business Center events are just like you: they love what they do, and are happy to connect with successful entrepreneurs who might bring fresh ideas or new service partnerships that help everyone succeed.
15 professional networking questions to get the ball rolling.
Here are some conversation starters you can use for general business interactions:
- Tell me something about yourself.
- Have you been here before? The place looks great.
- How do you know the host?
- Do you mind recommending a dish? The food looks delicious.
- Have you worked on any exciting projects lately?
- How long have you been with this company?
- What fascinated you about this event?
- Your tie, it’s lovely! Where did you get it?
- Are you enjoying yourself?
- What do you like most about working in this area?
- Did you grow up in this area?
- What do you do for a living?
- What’s your story?
- Where are you from?
- What brought you here today?
We look forward to seeing you at the next Silicon Valley Business Center networking event – and when you stop in, be sure to say hi.
If yo’d like to stay in the know about all SVBC events, join our email list.